Job Training Albuquerque is a workforce development program that provides qualified Albuquerque employers with the opportunity to provide professional training to employees.
Participating Companies must be:
- Incorporated as a for-profit or not-for-profit entity in NM.
- Headquartered within the Albuquerque city limits.
- A business with less than 500 employees
- Business has been located in Albuquerque for 1 year OR Business owner has been an Albuquerque resident for at least 1 year at any time prior to the time of training
For most programs, trainee must be a full time employee (32 hours per week).
In addition to the above criteria, the following will be required for participating companies:
- Willing and able to increase workforce by at least one employee in next 2 years.
- Willing to send new or incumbent employee(s) to training at scheduled class time or willing to set aside time for online training (when available) during employee’s normal work hours or paid overtime.
- Willing to participate in ongoing measurement of program effectiveness including but not limited to:
- Reporting employee pay rate, before and after the training
- Reporting pay equity by race and gender
- Reporting employee position and advancement potential before and after the training
- Reporting total company employee numbers
- Participating in experience surveys
Preference may be shown to businesses in the following industries:
- Renewable & Alternative Energy Product Manufacturing
- Directed Energy
- Film/Digital Media
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Creative Industries
- Food Products
- Media Post-Production
- Software Development.