Job Training Albuquerque is a workforce development program that connects qualified Albuquerque employers with free training opportunities for their employees.
Participating Employers must be:
- Registered as a for-profit or not-for-profit entity in NM.
- Includes Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships (LP or LLP), LLC, Corporations and Non-profits
- If registered as a “foreign” entity, the primary place of business must be in Albuquerque
- Headquartered within the Albuquerque city limits. (must be incorporated Albuquerque, verified by this map)
- Physical address (not PO Box) for entity’s principal place of business as defined through SDAT
- A business with less than 500 employees
- Applies to all locations for participating entity
- Business has been located in Albuquerque for 1 year OR Business owner has been an Albuquerque resident for at least 1 year at any time prior to the time of training
- Able to provide a NM Department of Revenue and Taxation’s Registration Certificate.
In addition to the above criteria, the following will be required for participating companies:
- Willing and able to increase workforce by at least one employee in the next 2 years.
- Willing to send new or incumbent employee(s) to training at scheduled class time or willing to set aside time for online training (when available) during employee’s normal work hours or paid overtime.
- Willing to participate in ongoing measurement of program effectiveness including but not limited to:
- Reporting employee pay rate, before and after the training
- Reporting pay equity by race and gender
- Reporting employee position and advancement potential before and after the training
- Reporting total company employee numbers
- Participating in periodic experience surveys
Preference may be shown to businesses in the following industries:
- Renewable & Alternative Energy Product Manufacturing
- Film/Digital Media
- Creative Industries
- Food Products
- Media Post-Production